The objective of this
course is to present an introduction to the major considerations and
tasks involved in conducting a research project.
Some of the topics to be covered include:
- Gathering the necessary information to guide you through your
- Critically evaluate your own research and research carried out by
- Presenting scientific results (writing of a thesis, paper, report
or research proposal; oral presentations).
- Project management skills.
- Elements of engineering ethics.
The course is intended for students with good working knowledge and
interest in conducting independent research and may serve, for example, as
preparation for carrying out research for a diploma thesis.
The course will be given in English.