Zoltan K. Nagy
Ph.D., Research Assistant
Institute for Systems Theory in Engineering
University of Stuttgart
Phone: +49 711 685 77 42
Fax: +49 711 685 77 35
University of Cluj, Romania, Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, 2001
"Babes-Bolyai" University of Cluj, Romania, M.S., Chemical Engineering,
"Babes-Bolyai" University of Cluj, Romania, B.S., Chemical Engineering,
2003 – present – Research Associate (current position)
– Institut für Systemtheorie technischer Prozesse (IST), Universität
2002 – 2003 –
Lecturer (1 year) – Department of Chemical and Biomolecular
Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign;
2001 – 2003 (2 years)
– Postdoctoral research associate (NATO fellow) – Large Scale
Systems Research Laboratory, Chemical Engineering Department, University
of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA.
1995 – present –
Assistant Professor – Position held at the Chemical Engineering Department,
Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, “Babes-Bolyai” University,
- 2003 – Automatica Outstanding Reviewer Award.
- 2002 – Best paper award, Section Process Control I, The 6th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and
Informatics, Orlando, USA, 2002, (http://www.iiis.org/sci2003).
- 2001 – NATO-NSF Award for postdoctoral fellowship at
the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA.
- 1997 – TEMPUS fellow, Computers in Teaching
Initiative Center for Chemistry, University of Liverpool, UK.
Scholarship of the “Babes-Bolyai” University of Cluj, (9 semesters in a
raw, won as number 1 student in the Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical
20 awards at the National Olympics of Chemistry and other chemistry
competitions during high school. Selected in the Romanian Olympic team
for the International Chemistry Olympics.
- Uncertainty (robustness) analysis; Robust control of batch processes
- Dynamic optimization
- Optimization based control and estimation
- Modeling, optimization and control of pharmaceutical crystallization
- First-principles and data driven approaches for the modelling of chemical processes
- Chemical Process Design, chemical CAD software
- Computer aided engineering education; Remote control and "telelaboratory"
used in distance engineering education
List of publications
Detailed Curriculum Vitae
modified by zoli February 7, 2005