a) Information about the exam for the winter term 2019/20 can be found on ILIAS.
b) This course will not be offered in the summer term 2020.
This course provides an introduction to intrinsically nonlinear phenomena in dynamical systems. The main focus of this course is on differential geometric methods. Applications will include problems from nonlinear control, optimization and mechanics. Some of the topics covered in this course are:
- Nonlinear vector fields and flows
- Stability and bifurcations
- Lie brackets and commutativity of flows
- Manifolds, vector fields on manifolds and integrability
- Center manifolds and advanced stability theory
- Applications in Control, Mechanics and Optimization
- Extremum Seeking Control
- The course is given in English.
- Additional information, exercises and further course material is avaible on the ILIAS-page of the course.
- The exam will be a written test.
- The duration of the exam is 90 minutes.